Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Wednesday-Morning (Afternoon) QB Reaction


"Well, it was a team effort, and I guess it took every player workin' together to lose this one."

My heart hurts. After the emotionally draining 4-hour spectacle that was witnessed last night, my body needs ample time to process & move on from this deflating loss...and apparently 12 hours of sleep isn't enough. Nope, it's looking like 10 or 11 days will have to do since the Eagles now have the "luxury" of resting their most critical (or critically injured) starters for the playoffs--the same critical starters who got 2 extra days of rest by having a Sunday game moved to Tuesday, which is now a piece of trivia 64 years in the making that no Birds fan wants any part of remembering today.

Look--as much as I'd like to, I'm not going to continue to pile on the disgust & anger that everyone else is feeling in Philly right now: NO ONE could've predicted at the start of the season that we'd have a Pro Bowl quarterback behind center or that we'd be able to smugly send the team that embarrassed us in our final two games last season into their own miserable offseason this year. Just let this serve as a reminder to all players, coaches, and fans that this is why the games are played: there is no such thing as a guaranteed win. I just hope that there is something else to be learned from this atrocity of a game other than that, because I'll be scratching my head for the next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment