I mean, this shit is everywhere now...hoodies, lax pinnies, top hats, trench coats, you name it. I'm even working on the mock turtleneck edition. Fans identify most with its simplicity: just lifting 3 fuggin letters from the Phils' uniform that sends the perfect message...We're ILL. Thats it. No bells. No whistles.
You can imagine my surprise when, more recently, this guy decides to throw his hat in the ring:
I get it. At first I was all about it. Simple, awesome, lifting 3 fuggin letters from the Flyers' uniform to send the perfect mes....whoa whoa WHOA! When have you EVER seen a Flyers jersey with this girly cursive shit?? NEVER. You think Hartnell would ever allow that?! Highly doubtful. The more I think about it, I hate everything about this shirt...completely stole the "ill" concept AND design, plus no self-respecting Flyers fan could ever identify with this shirt because it has nothing to do with the team besides the stupid shirt colors. To be fair, someone else got it right by lifting a piece from an ACTUAL Flyers logo and is now getting $20 a pop from it on E-Bay.
So--2 major sports down, 2 to go. To even make an attempt at an Eagles shirt is ludicrous, since that would be like attempting to make the Holy Fuggin Grail of shirts. Setting my sights a little lower, I came up with this lil' pup for the bottom-rung, yet clawing-their-way-to-the-top 76ers:
It's a work in progress...and more color needs to be added (naturally, some sort of Red/White/Blue patriotic theme), but I think it's a start. And with the way the Eagles, Flyers, and Phils are getting buzz right now, it's only fair to show some love for the Sixers. It's too bad I didn't think of this well before Xmas or I'd be blowing my moneys in AC right meow.


No comments:
Post a Comment