I may be in the minority with this one, but I appreciate a good commercial every now and then. I'll take it one step further and say that while some people can pull movie & tv quotes out of thin air, I completely respect anyone that can go toe-to-toe with me on commercials...I guess we're just a dying breed.
Anyway, I first came across this clip last weekend while I was watching U of D beat up on Georgia Southern in the Division 1-AA semifinals on ESPNU (or as I call it, ESPN "DA" U). Saw it once, didn't think anything of it. But DA U has an uncanny ability to run the same commercial 30 times throughout the span of one college football game...can't blame them too much since advertising gets harder to find once you reach your 7th ESPN spinoff, but they even pulled the old double-run about 3 or 4 times--where they LEAD the commercial break with the clip, squeeze in one or two non-factor commercials (like a Kirk Herbstreit Youth Football Camp which would basically be a front for a Kirk Herbstreit Youth How to Have an Affair and Not Get Caught Camp), then end with the SAME commercial--brilliant.
Needless to say, by the end of the game I couldn't get enough of this laughing asshole, and was even rooting harder for it to come on during the Sunday Night Football game than I was for Wes Welker NOT to get 15 points so I could cruise into my Fantasy Championships (by the way thanks for the help, Wesley). When this happens, you know you've got something special. My question is: what is it about this commercial or laughing moron that is so irresistable? I mean, when I pull this thing up on YouTube, I'm not finished with it until I've heard his laugh at least 15 times. It's quite the riddle, but I intend to crack it before the New Year.
No comments:
Post a Comment