There's really no suprise with this one. I've been waiting for the Blue Hens to get back to the 'Ship ever since they blew the big one for us back in '07, and this has been my sweetheart pick all week. The thing is, they still haven't determined the line for the game which is ridiculous. What the fuck are they waiting for?? To quote the batshit crazy poet Keith Brooking: "THE STAGE IS SET!! THE LIGHTS ARE ON!!"
Seriously though, this game is already in the bag so it doesn't matter if the spread is UD -3 or -30. Now I know you must think I'm speaking too soon, but check out this little nugget:
DelawareOnline -- For decades, Delaware football staffers have purchased sandwiches from Malin's Deli, down South College Avenue from the athletic complex. Getting lunch during a (Pat) Devlin visit, (K.C.) Keeler placed an order for himself that included a host of special requests involving various sandwich toppings.
"I said, 'Pat what are you ordering?' He said, 'Ham and cheese,'" Keeler said. "I said, 'OK, you're low maintenance.' He said, 'I'm low maintenance,' and he is. That's who he is."
"Ham and cheese," Devlin said. "That's me."
Thank.Fuggin.G. If anyone can get the Hens their second championship in 8 years, my money's riding on Pat "Ham 'N' Chee" Devlin. I'm not saying Joey ButtaFlacco was high maintenance or anything, but the dude fuggin dressed up like The Situation for Halloween, soooo....yeah. You bet your balls that when Delaware wins the big game--and they will--P.Devvy will not only be a household name throughout America, but the Phightin' Phire "Ham 'N' Chee-shirts" (patent pending) will be the all time best seller on EBay. I'm taking pre-orders. Right meow.
UPDATE: They're taking 9.5 away from the Hens tonight. Am I gonna change my tune? Fugg No. Did you even read what I wrote above? DID YOU?!
UPDATE: They're taking 9.5 away from the Hens tonight. Am I gonna change my tune? Fugg No. Did you even read what I wrote above? DID YOU?!

No comments:
Post a Comment